Envoy supported the team at the ECLT (Ending Child Labour in Tobacco) Foundation to implement the Social Return on Investment (SROI) methodology, and supported them to undertake SROIs in Uganda, Tanzania, and Malawi. As a result of the findings and conclusions of the SROI, ECLT have streamlined their programme strategy.
- ECLT’s programmes demonstrate good value for money and create significant value,
- The programmes have a major impact on the life chances of those affected by child labour, and on the well-being of the wider community,
- This is particularly true of community investment programmes such as the Village Savings and Loans Associations,
- The programmes have a significant impact on women and girls in particular,
- The programmes have SROI ratios of between 2:1 and 12:1, meaning that they create between $2 and $12 for every $1 invested.