Training and capacity building is at the heart of Envoy’s work. Envoy Partnership offer several training courses to help our clients develop their social value strategy and social impact evaluation. The courses are continuously updated to incorporate best practice in the field, and draw on a variety of practical and interactive exercises to help embed learning.
|Course||Content||Cost per organisation|
|Measuring Social Value
|The course covers all of the main concepts of Social Impact & Social Value, including: Stakeholder Mapping, Logic Models and Theory of Change, Measuring Outcomes, Assessing Impact, Analysing Data and Monetising Outcomes. The course can be tailored for specific sectors or specific organisations – including social housing, health and wellbeing commissioning, fire and rescue services, children’s services, and construction/the built environment.||£975 + travel and VAT|
|Social Return on Investment (SROI)
|A course that covers the SROI methodology in full. The course builds an understanding of the different aspects of the methodology, and provides practical steps on how to apply them in different situations. Participants also develop an SROI model to calculate the social value created. Attending the course gives access to Envoy Partnership’s template SROI spreadsheet, the most sophisticated SROI template available.||£1,900 + travel and VAT|
|Theory of Change
One-day workshop, or Two half-days
|An interactive workshop to help participants develop a Theory of Change for their project or organisation’s impact and strategic planning. Alongside the development of the Theory of Change, we help participants address the process enablers and barriers highlighted by their Theory of Change. This course can be focused on a case study provided by Envoy Partnership, or on your own organisation or project.||£850 + travel and VAT|
|Social Value Strategy
|Our strategy workshops support organisations that want to develop their social value strategy and processes. We help organisations identify how they can utilise their organisational strengths to create, measure and communicate the social value they create for communities. The workshops include examples of best practice we have used to support the development of compelling social value offerings. This has helped clients secure existing relationships and win new contracts.||Price will depend on scope; please contact us|
Costs are per organisation, and allow for up to 12 people. They are based on delivering the course at your offices, and exclude any venue hire costs.
About our training courses
- We believe the most important part of training is high-quality training delivery. Our training is based on pedagogical best practice and has been fine-tuned through feedback from over 1,000 training participants.
- We can tailor our training and workshops to meet your needs; we can adapt content in advance, and we can be flexible on the day to address needs that arise.
- Our trainers are also experts at delivering social value strategy and impact evaluation. We draw on over ten years’ experience of social value projects to ensure that our training reflects the real-life challenges our clients face.
- Most of us don’t like listening to endless PowerPoint presentations. Our training focuses on maximising learning through applying a variety of different materials, exercises and interactive learning approaches.
- We can come to you, or we can host the training at our London office (requires room booking)
- We want to maximise the impact of our training. We therefore offer discounted rates on consultancy support for organisations that we train, helping you to put the content of the training into practice.
About the trainers
Oliver Kempton has trained over 1,000 people over the past nine years in the UK, Sweden and Australia. He is accredited to deliver training in SROI by Social Value UK (SVUK) – one of only 16 people internationally to be accredited to deliver training by SVUK and Social Value International. Oliver is also a visiting tutor at Goldsmiths College, teaching on Social Impact Evaluation.
Andy Gawin Warby has provided social value training and workshop facilitation across a range of sectors, including health and wellbeing commissioning, social housing services, built environment, vulnerable children’s support services, and heritage. Andy is a Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA), and holds an MBA from Cranfield School of Management, as well as a built environment Masters (UCL) accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) of which he is a member.
To enquire about a training course, or to discuss your training needs, contact Oliver Kempton at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on 07855 243322.